ICS on Windows Mobile 6.1 with Win7

I have a Windows Mobile 6.1 device that I connect to my Windows 7 computer to use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). This way I can be connected when I'm doing consulting at customers sites that doesn't allow me to use my computer on their network (or if they do not have any wireless guest access).

After my upgrade from Win7RC to Win7RMT the feature haven't worked and today I decided to get it up and running.

I know that most drivers are in the the Win7RTM so is should be some kind of drive issue. I did the following to get the ICS to work against the Win7 computer:
  1. Uninstalled all old WMDC drivers and updates using add/remove programs
  2. Rebooted my Win7
  3. Plugged in my Windows Mobile 6.1 device (choose ICS when prompted)
  4. Open Device manager (devmgmt.msc)
  5. Removed my "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" driver (uninstall)
  6. Removed my "Unknown mass storage device" driver (uninstall)
  7. Removed an other "Unknown device" that was only present when the phone was plugged in
  8. Re-plugged the Windows Mobile 6.1 device and all "Win7RTM" drivers where used to setup ICS

No comments: