Error parsing the server “[server/ip]” “clients.xml” file. Login will continue, contact your system administrator.
And after that the following;
The type initializer for ‘VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.HttpWebRequestProxy’ threw an exception.
So I couldn’t get into VMWare management console. After some googling and testing there is a solution for the problem.
- Download this file (contains a .config file and a system.dll from .Net 3.5 SP1)
- Create a folder LIB in %programfiles%\VMWare\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher
- Copy the system.dll file into the LIB folder
- Create a system variable DEVPATH that points to %programfiles%\VMWare\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\LIB
- Replace the VpxClient.exe.config in the %programfiles%\VMWare\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher with the new file
Now will the vSphere 4.0 work correctly.