Today I was going to prepare a RIS deployment to handle new hardware (and a new storage controller). The present RIS setup ended with an error message "No harddrive found" due to drivers missing.
To solve the issue I integrated the correct files to the RIS CD installation and added the correct entries to txtsetup.sif:
- Downloaded the correct drivers
- Copied the correct driver files to the ...\i386 catalog (on the RIS server)
- *.sys files
- *.cat files
- *.inf files
- Edited txtsetup.sif
- [SourceDisksFiles] section
- [HardwareIdsDatabase] section
- [SCSI.Load] section (if storage device, i.e. SATA controller)
- [SCSI] section (if storage device)
- I also added the correct drivers to ...\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\Nic (depending on driver)
- Edited ...\i386\templated\ristndrd.sif [Unattended] section
- OemPreinstall = yes
- OemPnpDriversPath = "\Drivers\Nic;\Driver\xxx"
- DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
- Restarted RIS/WDS services
- PNF files are created in the ...\i386 catalog
PXE-booted a client to install an CD install with the new drivers that I had attached to the image.